How to grow Spirulina at home!
Spirulinacanada.ca provides information, guidance and supplies to those interested in growing Spirulina (Arthrospira platensis) at home. We are Canada’s premier supplier of high quality live Spirulina culture.
Call us today: 613.220.4148
It is amazing just how much research has already been done on this tiny ancient organism. Why does Spirulina capture our imagination? There are several reasons; I will list just a few of my own:
- Scientists claim the fossil record proves that Spirulina is one of the oldest organisms alive.
- Spirulina being so old has witnessed all of human history and much more.
- Tiny prehistoric organisms like Spirulina played a major role in supplying earth's oxygen.
- Spirulina is composed of all the nutrients required by the human body in approximately the correct proportions (very high in protein, vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants).
- Spirulina can thrive in the most hostile of environments.
So, I became a home algae farmer after learning about Spirulina. Watch this short documentary about Spirulina.
After many months of research and study, I was unable to locate a source of live Spirulina culture in Canada. So SpirulinaCanada’s mission was crafted to promote algae farming and to provide live algae culture (seed material) to those adventurous, brave souls who want to begin algae farming (growing your own Spirulina at home).
To the best of my knowledge, SpirulinaCanada is the first to provide live culture in Canada for growing your own Spirulina at home. Our live culture is grown from Spirulina platensis (= arthrospira platensis), strain UTEX LB 2340 imported from the University of Texas.
We are here to serve you and answer any questions you may have, call us today 613.220.4148.